Friday, October 14, 2011

How Clear is your Crystal Ball?

I have had several meetings with clients asking my opinion of where I think the market is going. It is difficult to say. We are currently in a range with Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS) that we haven't been able to sustain before. Rates are in the 4% range for a fixed loan, to me that is absolutely amazing. However, will those same rates go down to 3%? I cannot tell you. I can look at the stock markets, bond markets, commodities, gold, oil...I can watch as the European Union comes up with monetary policy and corrections to help with a Greek Bailout. But what I cannot tell you is how each move each of these different markets/countries will effect our 30 year fixed interest rate. Some days it will go up, some days it will go down.
What I can tell you, is that where rates are currently residing, whether they go up a little or down a little, they are still amazing! 4% even 5% to secure the financing you your primary residence for 30 years it unbelievable. Do not put off today what you may lose tomorrow. If you are thinking of refinancing and qualify, go for it, the difference .25% makes on you payment is less than $20 and what if by waiting...it never comes and rates continue to deteriorate instead of improve. If you have considered purchasing but haven't taken the time to get yourself approved or to find out what you need to do to get approved...it is time.
Take charge of your future and take advantage of what maybe an unprecedented time in history.

No comments: